Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Diver and his Boat Cappuccino Velvet Cheesecake

It was my husband's, Kim's, '23rd' birthday yesterday. We had an initial plan to go up to Cherating and have some sort of BBQ with friends. However, Kim's mum and aunt wanted to make Sarawak Laksa for the birthday, so we canceled Cherating and did like a small gathering amongst family at home.

I last minutely baked Kim's all time favourite cake, the Cappuccino Velvet Cheesecake with a sail boat topper. Since we just got out diving license, I decided to put a diver's flag and name the boat Kim's Divers just for fun =)

I also made some Inside-Out-Profiteroles. I must ad mit that I didn't enjoy the profiteroles a single bit as I changed the type of chocolate to this new one that I found in PJ. It really made a huge difference in taste! I'll go back to using the beautifully rich and dark chocolate I'm used to (even though it's slightly more expensive). Anyway, here are some photos of the cake and pastries and my boat which looked like it belongs to a dive centre in Perhentian Kecil LOL.




[the cake and our daughter, Emille in the background mixing ice-cream!]

[my not so satisfying Inside-Out-Profiteroles. Lesson: Do not substitute good quality chocolate for inferior ones]

[the birthday Papa and his daughter =)]

No comments: