Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Caramel Ruffle Brownie


My fridge died on me last night. I still had about 600g++ of Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the fridge and a couple blocks of Tatura butter. I was hoping that the technician would come over and get it fixed today, but, as slow as most Malaysian services are, they will only come in the next 2-3 working days! So I decided to bake two trays of Caramel Ruffle Brownies. I've announced the quick sale of the Brownies on my Facebook profile just in case someone might be interested, although in truth, I was actually baking them for the house. Since I haven't blogged about the Ruffle as I call it, so here is a descriptive entry of it.

The Caramel Ruffle Brownie consists of fudgy real chocolate that makes the base, and about 1/3 of Caramel Cheese, 'ruffled' with more chocolate brownie to make the top. It is made into perfection by not over-baking, so the Ruffle stays soft, moist and simply melts in your mouth. Nothing can be more horrible than a dry, crumbly brownie! The height of the Ruffle makes bite-sized portions possibly which adds to the ooohhh-aahhhs of indulgers.

Caledonia offers the Caramel Ruffle Brownie in one size only - 700g for RM50


No comments: