Monday, April 20, 2009

My rose journey...

*relaxes and puts her feet up* I'm done with roses today...I just finished moulding about 15 pink roses for 4 hours straight. I can now feel the strain behind my neck. I have about a total of 29 full bloom roses and 4 baby roses to cover the top of a wedding cake due this coming Saturday. If I'm up for it, I'll get some calyx done for those flowers of mine and a few leaves. If not, I think I'll just buy them from the shop! Who would have thought that decorating can really wear a person out! I'm really looking forward to our diving trip next week! That will a be a good break for me from work...I need it! All of us need it =)

I still have some baking to do. A grand Cappuccino Velvet Cheesecake and a dozen of my cheese cuppies I promised Tania. All by Thursday. I seriously DO NOT feel like doing anything else but sit and do nothing. I'm also dreading the thought of rolling fondant over the wedding cake on Friday...It always makes me nervous! But the best part is, minimal (perhaps next to zero) pipework. So the worse part (moulding roses) is over. I'm left with the easy arranging and assembling of the cakes and roses =)

[I did 14 last week, and 15 this morning]

No comments: